Tuesday, June 30, 2009

First day of training

So, today was supposed to be my first day of training, and I blew it off. Six to ten, and I didn't run a lick. It would seem like I was off to a pretty bad start, except for the fact that I biked ~50 miles instead :)

The idea to run to work actually came out of a group that I've been biking to work with once or twice a week for about half a year now. It's called SF2G, and its one of my favorite parts of the week. I just couldn't give it up entirely, even to train for the run.

Someone from SF2G rides almost everyday, but the idea to run to work actually came to me on bike to work day. Over 100 riders made the commute from San Fran to the South bay that day, and it got me jealous. For most of those 100 riders, that commute was an experience, something special that they don't do everyday. I wanted that feeling again, so I started to think about what I could do to up the ante a little. Thus, run to work day was born.

Well, I need to get to work now, but I wanted to also point out that I've added a "Donate Now" button to the blog. Remember, all this craziness is really about improving education in the Bay Area. There will be more on that in subsequent blogposts, but, for now, please donate! It for a more than worthy cause, and every dollar goes straight to the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment